8 March 2014

Recipe: Raw Brownie

After being introduced to Deliciously Ella a few weeks ago I decided that I should start being strict again with my diet, I mean all the chocolate and cheese is so tasty but it's just not good for my skin or my insides. But as well as ditching the dairy I've decided to swap the sugar and generally anything with unpronounceable ingredients for fruit and vegetables. I'm writing this on day 6 and I feel so much better already. These raw brownies have kept me going, there is nothing bad in them but they taste like they are full of gooey, chocolately goodness that usually comes along with a ton of calories!

Here's what you need:
1 cup of walnuts
1 pinch of sea salt
10 dates
3 tablespoons of cacao nibs
2 tablespoons of coconut oil

I know that I say everything is easy, but this has got to be the easiest, you just need a blender and a baking sheet covered in baking paper. So, first, blitz the cup of walnuts until they are smallish chunks, add in the salt and cacao nibs (I'm sure you could just use a good quality dark chocolate here if you wanted but the cacao nibs really are great), blitz again.

Then add the dates and blitz. Are you seeing the theme here? Add and blitz, add and blitz. Now the coconut oil, I've found that this is better if you melt the oil first, you guessed it one more blitz. All you need to do now is whack it in a bowl and add a couple of tablespoons of cold water so you can press the mixture onto the baking sheet.

Leave it to set in the fridge, preferably 3 hours and cut into delicious pieces to enjoy! I like to eat mine with some fresh strawberries, cherries and sometimes a spoonful of soya yoghurt.

What's your favourite guilt free sweet treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment